Yá'át'ééh! Hello! I grew up in the northeastern part of Arizona. A place called, Red Valley. Sometimes the map says Red Rock. But whichever name you see, it will live up to its name. Beautiful red rocks everywhere. I currently reside in Chandler, Arizona with my college sweetheart, Orlando, our son, Ethan and our cute rescue pup, Hazel.
My clans are Red Running Into Water People born for the Salt People. My maternal grandfathers are Tangle People and my paternal grandfathers are Red Botton People. This is who I am as a Diné (Navajo) woman.
Beauty, harmony and simplicity are core foundations of my Diné (Navajo) culture. I feel connected and complete when I find it and share it. My photography helps me do that. Photos are reminders of the beauty and the art we live in everyday.
I believe we create art even if we don't realize it. There is beauty in simple movements like a hug or a kiss. Wouldn't it be nice to have it tangible in your hands to admire everyday? Moments that seem to pass us so quickly. That's what I love about photography. It takes us back to beautiful moments.
My photography is filled with lots of light, movement and romance. It's a reflection of who I am. I wear my heart on my sleeves! My style of photography is bright and simple, because simplicity never goes out of style.
Here's five things you might not know about me:
1. When I was in Kindergarten, I ran away from boarding school, on multiple occasions. I just wanted to be home with my Nalí-Grandma who smelled like baby lambs all the time!
2. I was elected 4H queen in the 7th grade, by default. No one else showed up to compete. My talent was reciting a Carl Sandburg poem.
3. I'm a neat freak. Everything has a "home." I'm also a paper and pen gal. I write down my appointments in my Filofax instead of my iPhone.
4. I am first generation to attend and graduate from college and live far from home.
5. My senior year in high school, I threw water balloons into the boys bathroom. And quickly changed my top so they couldn’t pin it on me!
Still here? Let’s connect!